Does She Like You?
- She shows it through her body language. Positive body language is a strong indicator that she’s into you. If she likes you, she’ll show it through the way she acts and through how she positions her body when she’s with you. Eye contact, gently leaning in towards you when you talk, playing with her hair, touching her face; these are the types of things that she’ll do when she’s interested.
Preening. What is preening? Essentially it’s the effort women go through to make themselves look attractive and we are not just talking about doing their hair and makeup. There are certain preening activities a woman can do right in front of you that are big hints that she likes you. Be on the look out for any of the following: stroking of her wrists or top of hand or even her cheek, touching her collar bone or brushing her hair back over her ear. The experts tell us that we do a lot of stuff on the subconscious level, and that goes for preening as well. These types of action are subconscious indicators that a woman may just be attracted to you. The best part about it is that women don’t always know they are doing it so they can’t hide it.
- She listens to you and asks questions. In her eyes, you stand out from the others among the crowd. You have something interesting to say, and she’s hooked. By itself, this doesn’t indicate that she’s attracted to you in a romantic way, it only means that she’s highly interested in you as a person. Remember, all of these things go together. She has to be interested in you as a person in order for her to be attracted to you romantically.
- She’s Relaxed/She stands close to you.…which means, she trusts you.She isn’t afraid to be herself around you. Through your actions and your body language, you’ve made her feel valued as a human being, and not just as a one night stand.
The Second Glance. The final sign is great if you are looking to determine if a woman likes you that you have just seen but have not yet met. Here’s what you do… wait for her to look over at your, chances are that she will do this at least once. When she does don’t do anything. That’s right. Don’t smile, wave or do anything else that indicates that you are interested. Just look back at her and wait for her to look away. Once she looks away, check your watch and wait for forty five seconds. If during that time she looks back at you then you have a strong indicator that she is interested in you. The one thing to remember is that you must act quickly when you see these indications that she likes you. Timing is just about everything when it comes to women and these subtle cues are your signal to act. The fact is that if you miss the cue and don’t act quickly enough, you may have lost your chance to move from the like stage to something more.
- She playfully hits you or touches you. This is called flirting. Most people have a natural desire to keep others out of their personal space. You know how it is, how many times have you felt uncomfortable when a strange person gets too close to you? We only let those in who we are more comfortable with. When a woman is attracted to you, she feels comfortable enough with you that she’ll initiate moving into your space, or she’ll allow you into hers.
- She giggles. Typically, giggling is a mixture of attraction and nervousness. When a woman laughs, it means that she has found something funny to laugh at. When she giggles, it’s more personal, more in depth; it’s like she’s released her inner child for a brief moment. She’s a little nervous, a little shy, but no so much that it incapacitates her. She finds you attractive, and can respect your sense of humor.
- She playfully calls you names. She’s teasing you. When a woman calls you crazy, or silly, or funny, or even cute.. there’s a good chance she’s into you. It’s the same way we used to play as children - running around the playground, catching cooties from the girls, poking fun at them because we secretly like them. The adult world really isn’t that different. Only this time, we want to catch cooties.
- She’s available. If a woman is interested in you, she will make herself available. In other words, she’ll give you her phone number or email address, and will quickly rush to answer or return your call. When you offer her an opportunity to hang out with you, she will just as quickly accept - even if she already had plans. If she couldn’t break those plans, then she’ll offer another day in exchange.
- She keeps “popping up”. So maybe you’re wondering if someone that you’ve known for awhile is interested. In addition to the above points, this woman will keep “popping up” everywhere you go. Unless you’re on a college campus, or live in a very small town, this generally doesn’t happen that often. Occasionally, it does, but if she maneuvers her way through a crowd just to be close to you, or finds out that you’re going to the pool hall and shows up exactly the same time you do, there’s a good chance she’s into you.
- She gives you her number, or asks you to hang out. The only reason a woman would either give you her phone number, email, or other contact information is because she want’s future contact with you. A woman would not ask you to ‘hang out’ if she wasn’t attracted to you in some way. I would be remiss in pointing this out, but it always surprises me how many people miss this.
- The head toss and hair flick.
The head is flicked back to toss the hair over the shoulders or away from the face. Even women with short hair will use this gesture. It’s a way for a woman subtly to show that she cares about how she looks around a male. This also lets her expose her armpit, which allows the ‘sex perfume’ known as pheromone to waft across to the target man and dazzle him senseless.This is one of the most commonly used female gestures out there, so next time you see it - you’ll know what it means. If you’ve asked yourself “Does she like me?” and you see this, I think you know the answer from now on.
- Wet lips and pouting. At puberty, a boy’s facial bone structure alters dramatically as testosterone gives him a stronger, protruding jaw-line, larger nose and more pronounced forehead - all the essentials for protection to the face during encounters with animals or enemies. Girls bone structure remains largely unchanged and child-like with more subcutaneous fat, which makes the female adolescent face appear thicker and fuller, particularly the lips.With this information you can get a small taste as to why this is one of the most powerful female body language techniques. The larger, thicker lips are a signal of femaleness due to their contrast in size to male lips.Some women have collagen injected into their lips to overstate this sexual difference and thereby make themselves more appealing to men. Pouting simply increases the lip display.A woman’s outer genital lips are proportionately the same thickness to her facial lips. Desmond Morris describes this as ‘self-mimicry’, as it is intended to symbolise the female genital region. The lips can be made to appear wet either by the use of saliva or cosmetics, giving a woman the appearance of sexual invitation. When a woman becomes sexually aroused her lips, breasts and genitals become larger and redder as they fill with blood.
- The knee point. One leg is tucked under the other and points to the person she finds the most interesting. This is a relaxed position, which also takes the formality out of a conversation and gives the opportunity for a fleeting exposure of the thighs.
- She is laughing at your jokes, even when they’re not funny. If a girl is being the perfect audience, laughing on cue, egging you on to talk more, and has a big smiled plastered across her face the entire time you’re talking it is a pretty clear indication that she’s enjoying your company. When we laugh at someone we unconsciously are saying “I like you. And I’m listening to what you’re saying.” And if she is going out of her way to make sure that she’s laughing … she is also going out of her way to encourage you to keep talking. Just be careful not to confuse true laughter with an “oh my god get me out of here” grin or a nervous giggle.
The Hi-Five Test. If you want to actively try to figure out if a woman is interested … here is a little test you can do that will help you gage the amount of interest a woman has. As you’re talking to a woman, and she says something you like, give her a high five. The key is that as you slap her hand sort of grip her fingers for a split second. Her reaction to this indicates her comfort level around you. If she pulls her hand immediately away, or leaves her fingers limp, she probably still does not feel comfortable around you. On the other hand, if she hold her hand there for a second, grips your fingers back, or sort of lets her hand slide against yours … it’s a pretty good indicator that you’ve developed a nice level of rapport with her.
She asks you if you have a girlfriend or pries for the information. When a woman is around a man that she is becoming attracted to, she will almost always try to find out if he has a girlfriend. Most women will flat out ask. If she doesn’t flat out ask, she’ll most likely ask questions that pry for the information like “Who do you live with?” Or if you just told a story about going on vacation or to a concert, she’ll say “Who did you go with?” If a woman has no interest in you whatsoever, she very rarely will care whether or not you have a girlfriend.