Blemishes? No problem! Follow these tips/remedies for clear skin:
- Acne is Caused by Junk Food. This myth may have been formed because people related eating junk food to acne-prone teenagers (who often ate junk food). As such, people would advise against making junk food, sweets, or even chocolates, a regular part of one’s diet to minimize the risk of an acne breakout. However, the advice regarding lessening the consumption of junk food isn’t entirely bad. In fact, reducing the consumption of junk food will make one much healthier. Toxins in the body that may cause acne will be reduced from a healthier diet.
- Acne Removal Happens Under the Sun. Mild tanning from sun exposure makes people believe that getting a tan will help remove pimples. However, getting a tan only makes pimples less obvious and visible, and does not result in any reduction of acne. This false improvement is at the expense of aggravated skin damage from exposure to harmful ultraviolet rays. Ultraviolet rays will burn and dry the skin, and even cause further inflammation.
- Vitamins as Acne Home Remedy
Vitamin A : Daily intake of 50,000 – 100,000 International Units (IU) of Vitamin A for several months in emulsified form are helpful.
Vitamin B6 : 50 – 250 mg tablets or pills twice daily in menstrual-related acne
Vitamin C : 250 – 1000 mg thrice daily; they are great natural antibiotic, antioxidant and stress reliever.
Zinc: 25 – 45 mg thrice daily. Reduce the dosage if you suffer from diarrhea.
- Lemon Juice as Acne Home Remedy. Diluted lemon juice mixed with water can be applied externally for its antiseptic and astringent effect.
- Remember that pure tea tree oil is very strong and may cause an allergic reaction if placed directly on the skin; thus, you need to dilute it depending on your skin type. For example, if you have oily skin, take a tablespoon of tea tree oil and mix it with 9 tablespoons of water. If your skin is a little sensitive mix the tea tree oil with aloe vera gel instead of water. The gel will neutralize the chemical reactions to make sure you do not develop rashes.
- Before you use the tea tree solution, wash your face with a mild cleanser first. With a cotton ball, apply the solution to form a thin layer on your skin. When it’s dry, put on a moisturizer (preferably oil-free). Do that before you go to bed too.
- Experiment with tea tree oil for acne. Add a few more drops when you feel like your skin is reacting well to the solution. But if you notice some redness, dilute the oil a bit until you get the perfect solution.
- Once or twice a week, make a tea tree oil mask so you can control acne breakouts more effectively. Get a hypoallergenic green clay powder and add two or three drops of the tree oil. Pour water on (little by little) until the solution turns in to a paste. Use the mixture as a facial mask and you are set.
- Eat garlic
- Soak a cotton ball with witch hazel solution and apply it on the affected area of your skin; much like using a regular astringent. You can do this twice a day but never more than thrice
- If you choose to apply the vinegar topically, do not use pure vinegar on your face. Neutralize the solution with water. As a rule of thumb, always remember to mix one part vinegar to 8 parts of water. Place the solution in a closed-lid bottle and mix a grounded tablet of aspirin. The salicylic acid in the drug can help dry-up your acne. Use the solution like you would your toner – wash your face like you normally do and apply the solution afterwards. Since apple cider vinegar has a really strong stench, it is best to use it at night before going to bed.
- Establish a routine to cleanse your face using Aloe Vera products. It is best to do it day and night. Consistent and regular use of Aloe Vera can significantly improve symptoms of acne and the scarring from it.
- Take a topical Aloe Vera gel and apply it on the heavily affected area. The gel works well as a spot treatment and it can diminish swelling and redness from acne too.
- Wash your face once in the morning and again in the evening using facial cleansers with Aloe Vera components. There are many soaps and cleansers that incorporate Aloe Vera in their products so make sure you choose one that is ideal for oily skin.
- Use an Aloe Vera acne cream and lotion as a facial moisturizer. Regular moisturizing products usually promote oil production on the face but Aloe Vera moisturizers won’t.
- You may also use Aloe Vera gel at night to serve as a facial mask. Spread it evenly and generously on your face before going to bed and let it stay overnight. Wash it off with warm water the morning after.
- Baking Soda as a Facial Cleanser – You can use baking soda as natural skin cleanser by mixing it with a small amount of water, or until the consistency of your solution looks like that of your toothpaste. Rub the paste on your face in a circular motion and feel the solution gently remove all the dirt your face has accumulated over the day. After 1 to 2 minutes, wash your face thoroughly and pat dry.
- Baking Soda as a Toner – toners are amazing tools that help in minimizing your pores and this in turn decreases acne-formation too. Create a toner by taking a clean and empty spray bottle, fill it with warm water, and pour a tablespoon of baking soda into it. Shake the bottle rigorously to make sure that you have successfully mixed the baking soda powder with the warm water. After making sure that your face has been cleansed and toweled dry, spray the concoction on your face and let it dry. There is no need to rinse it off. However, before you do this on your face, try the mixture on a small area of your skin and let it sit for at least 12 hours. That is done to make certain that you are not allergic to baking soda. This natural remedy is also great for eczema and psoriasis.
- Baking Soda Mask – Like that of a baking soda facial cleanser, create a paste-like mixture with the baking soda. However, instead of rinsing it off after a few minutes let the solution stay for half an hour or until it is completely dry. Rinse your face with water after 30 minutes. Please check if you are allergic to baking soda before doing this too. Baking soda, acne (who would have thought that the two couldn’t coexist?)
- Chamomile tea works great as a cystic acne home cure remedy. Just brew tea and use a cotton ball to swipe tea over face twice a day.
- Vitamin A, zinc and niacin are two vitamins and a mineral that have been shown to be an effective acne home cure remedy. For the period of one month, take 50,000 units of A, 50 mg of zinc and 100 mg of niacin three times a day. After one month discontinue for one month. Then the regemine can be done again for a period of a month and so on.
- To get rid of acne, make a regular bowl of oatmeal as if you were going to eat it. Add a fourth cup of honey and stir in well then let it cool. Pack this onto your face like a mud pack while keeping it out of your eyes. After about 20 minutes you can wash it off. This will greatly improve your acne condition and is a great acne home treatment.
- Juice fresh mint leaves and mix with turmeric powder. Apply this as a paste to the acne areas and leave for 15 minutes before washing off.
- Here is a good home treatment to remove the swollen red look of acne. Take a couple of standard aspirins and crush them into powder. You can do this with a spoon. Then mix just enough water to make a lose paste. Put this on the problem areas of your face before you go to bed and presto in just a few days you will begin to see much improvement.
- Here is a great acne home cure that worked wonders for me! Make some oatmeal but first put a couple of teabags of peppermint tea and a couple of bags of plain old black tea in the water and bring the water to a boil. Now put in a tablespoon of Epsom salts. Then add the oatmeal and let it sit for a few minutes. Put the mixture on your acne for about a half hour. You will start to see a big difference in just a few days!
- Finely grate an orange peel and mix it in water. Put this on the acne.
- Crush up several aspirins (real old fashioned aspirin) and mix with a little water. Apply this with a cotton ball. Then do the same with hydrogen peroxide
- Before bed thoroughly wash your face with Dr. Bronner’s baby soap (it is a pure castile soap) and then break off a piece of an aloe vera leaf. Squeeze it till the juice pours out and work this in all over your face. It works incredibly well and leaves all the skin glowing and clear. This is an acne home remedy that is hundreds of years old.
- Before bed, take a half of a lemon and rub it all over your face and work it extra good where you have pimples. Do this for a week and pimples will be no more. It stings a little. Another good one is to squeeze a whole lemon into a small bowl and then add a tablespoon of rosewater and a tablespoon of glycerin. Wash your face well with this mixture.
- Acne: If you take 10 Beta Carotine 15 mg soft gels (pro vitamin A 25,000), inside of 24 hr.s you’ll notice a scab formation on the skin inflammation. By the 48 to 72 hour time frame, the acne will be in an advanced healing stage.
- Wash your face and towel dry before bed. Next make a salty paste of two parts sea salt and one part warm water. Put the paste on the blemish, completely covering it. Then allow the paste to dry. This salt paste hardens and will remain on you face until you remove it the next morning when washing. The bacteria in your skin will be killed and that nasty blemish will dry up by the salty mixture. Go ahead and try this – it will work like a charm!!
- A good natural treatment for acne is to take a pot of water, allow it to boil and add salt to create more steam. While not getting to close to the hot water or fire, allow the steam to hit your face. Use two cotton balls and put some witch hazel on them. Take these and wipe all over your face. Witch hazel is also helpful in treating cuts and burns. At least once a week clean your cosmetic brushes and applicators using an anti-bacterial soap. You’ll be able to keep bacteria and makeup build up at bay.
- If you lay in the sun or use a tanning bed, the sun or tanning bed will dry up the acne.
- All you have to do is use glycerin soap. It will do away with the acne, the itchy skin, dryness and essentially you wind up with comfortable, beautiful skin. Since day one I have had issues with itching and dryness on my skin and the glycerin soap cured that also. No more do I use lotion on my body or face to try to keep my skin moisturized. I am not having to put any oil on my face as it is perfectly balanced and my makeup looks good all day. My skin feels good instead of being painful and itchy. I use no other toners or acne products at all. It’s great! The big soap makers take the glycerin out of their soap and that causes the dry skin and other problems. The then put the glycerin in other things like lotion. Basically the sell you a soap that makes problems and the lotion to cure the problems. What a racket!
- For many years my husband was afflicted with acne. Some people simply have acne on their face and other people have it all over their body – this was my husband. He tried just about everything. I took up the sword determined to find a good acne natural remedy. One day at the grocery store, I reached for a bottle of Head and Shoulders shampoo. We found that washing his skin with this cleared up his acne in just a few days! I was a miracle! My husband is so so so happy about this. To use it, put the shampoo on any areas that have acne and work it in. If your acne is really bad, you can do this twice a day. If you are looking for a natural remedy, this is one of the best acne home cure treatments.
- My home treatment for acne is to first take a slice of lime and salt it. Then I rub this on the acne areas so the salt acts like a kind of abrasive to get all the oils off. Then I put some alcohol on the same areas to make the pimples dry up. Then I put Witch hazel on my face which is very healing and penetrates into the pores. This has made a big difference for me.
- Garlic is a better antibiotic than anything you can buy like Neosporin. Take a garlic press and smash a clove of garlic or maybe a half clove and rub this on your face. Leave it on as long as you can and then rinse it off. It is unbelievable how good this home cure will clear up all your acne and pimples.
- For acne take cabbage leaves and blend them with witch hazel until they are liquid. Next, strain the liquid and some drips of lemon juice. Apply this lotion to affected areas.
- On the affected area where acne is erupting, place some grated cucumber.
- Take a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol on it and rub on your face lightly. Allow the rubbing alcohol to dry for five minutes. Then apply Benzoyl Peroxide face cream and your finished. This needs to be done twice daily; in the morning and at night.
- Take a tsp. of honey and mix it with one egg yolk. Put this on your face and leave on for 20 minutes then rinse off. Repeat this four times a week. You can put any excess mixture in the refrigerator for up to a week. This is an excellent home cure for acne.
- Use dial soap when washing your face. Moisturize your face with a SMALL amount of coco butter. Talk with the phone away from your cheek or wipe off your cell phone. This will allow acne to clear up. On the side of my face that I hold my cell phone I discovered I had more acne.
- A good home treatment for acne is to take a teaspoon each of turmeric powder and coriander juice or mint and apply to the affected areas. Wash this off before going to bed.
- To draw out toxins and heal acne apply cayenne extract and garlic oil. Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse.
- Take a teaspoon each of lemon juice and ground cinnamon and apply to the affected areas.
- First scrub your face with a good cleanser. Use warm water and lather for several minutes. It is important to work the cleanser into your skin in a gentle motion using your fingertips. Then put on any clay mask that has bentonite clay or kaolin. Put it over your whole face and leave it to dry. Rinse off the mask by adding water and massaging the water into the clay so that it will easily rinse off. Get a good vitamin E oil – natural not synthetic. Work this into your skin by massaging it. Excess can by removed by patting with toilet paper or a towel. This will feel oily at first but it is great for your skin and acne scars will not form. I had really bad acne and doing this three times daily for three days made me look like a brand new person. I use Neutrogena oil free acne wash containing salicylic acid (which is in plain aspirin), Clarity Mask by Oil of Olay and a good vitamin E.
- Take tomato pulp and put it on the affected area. Leave it on for one hour then rinse.
- To treat pimples apply ice cubes to cool your face 10 min. straight. Take a fresh garlic clove and cut it in half. Put it on the pimple and leave it on. If there is too much drying apply an oil free moisturizer. Everyday eat garlic and drink a glass of green tea. The outside should be cleansed as well as the inside. Avoid dairy products, as this can aggravate acne. This is one of the best home treatments for acne.
- Take a wash cloth and soak it in a mixture of water, two tea bags, and one teaspoon of salt. Microwave the cloth for 30 seconds and dab on your face. Next lay the wash cloth on your face for three minutes. The pimple redness will be reduced and your face will feel smooth.
- Take a little bit of sugar and mix lime or lemon juice. Take a cotton ball and place it on the affected area…within two weeks you’ll see results!!! IT REALLY DOES WORK! CAUTION: At first your skin will sting from the lemon.